If you have the same event year after year, there's no need to start from scratch. You can clone your event to give you a head start! This also lets you use the same URL year after year so you don't have to worry about reprinting your materials or someone clicking an old link. Read this article for more information about how the cloning process works and which information is copied over.
To get started, access your events list by clicking "Browse Events" when you log into Swell.
On the next page, you'll see a list of all of your active events. Click the clone icon inline with the event or campaign you'd like to copy. You'll see a pop-up asking if you're sure and explaining what will happen if you proceed.
Click the blue yes button to proceed.
Your site is cloned and it's time to start getting it ready to launch!
There are five steps. We'll go through them in detail below. You can also click through the menu to skip to the part you want to work on.
Once you've clicked into your new event, click setup start by clicking Setup in the left-hand menu.
Now click Details in the horizontal menu.
- Remove "- Copy" from your event's name.
- If you'll be using peer-to-peer fundraising this year, make sure the text in the "Details for Personal Fundraising Pages" block is correct. If you're not using peer-to-peer fundraising, you don't need to worry about this section.
- Make sure the information in the name, date, time, and location fields is correct.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of this screen.
Next, we'll work on the Branding section in the horizontal menu.
- Just like when you set up a new event, all images you upload here need to be in jpeg (jpg) format and match the dimensions listed.
- Select the Browse button under the image you'd like to work on first. A list of files on your computer will come up. Choose the one you want to put in that space. Important Note: In order to see your new image in the preview boxes in the branding tab or on your site, you must scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Save Button.
- If you're changing more than one image, you can choose to do them all before you hit click save. You can also change all of your images and then click .
Click on Content in the horizontal menu (between coupons and comps).
If your content pages don't need to be edited, you can skip this part.
- If you want to delete a page, click the X inline with it.
- To change a page, click the edit icon inline with any page you'd like to change.
- Make your changes to the page. Remember to click .
- Repeat this process for each page you need to edit.
Continuing in the Setup menu, click on Products.
All of your products (tickets, sponsorships, teams and tables) were copied over from your last event. Although you can make changes later, it's still a good idea to go through them at this stage.
- Are all of these products still needed?
- Do you need additional products? Note: If you're switching from an all-virtual event, you may only have virtual tickets from your previous event. Make sure you have both the virtualticket and ticket ticket types if your event is hybrid this year.
- Check the name, cost, and amount of each. Do you need to make changes?
- Click the edit icon to make changes
- Click Save in the pop-up product editor to save your edits.
Next, click Social Networks in the horizontal menu.
- Remember that your Facebook Id is the part of your page's link after the slash (Ex: swellfundraising for the page https://www.facebook.com/swellfundraising) and your Twitter username needs the @ sympol in front of it (Ex: @swellfunds) information for you.
- Update your hashtag if you would like to use something different than what's already displayed. Remember, the system will only pull posts based on one hashtag for each event.
- If you've made changes here, click . Otherwise, skip to the next section.
The last step before launching your site is editing your system-generated emails.