CREATING COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS:
- In the Dashboard, click on the Comps from the Setup menu.
- Click on the green plus sign to add a new code .
- Fill in the information in the popup:
- Choose a unique one-word code.
- The recipient will be able to see this, so you'll want to choose something unique to them.For example, BSCS2 would be a good code to use for your second Blue Cross Blue Shield table. Note: Each comp code needs to be unique. You can re-use comp codes from event to event, but in the same event, each one needs to be different.
- Choose the type of ticket the recipient will get from the drop-down. Choose "Any Product" to allow the recipient to choose from any of your ticket types.
- How many tickets/products will this particular recipient receive?
- Include a note for your reference if you'd like.
- Provide the name and email address for person who is acting as the point person for the organization receiving the comp codes.
- Decide whether you would like to send the comp code to your point person now or later and select the appropriate save button.
The Comp Ticket Email
Here is an example of the standard Comp ticket email sent from our system. Want to customize it? Once you've created at least one comp code, you'll be able to in the Email Editor.
*Once the comp process is completed, the ticket will be sent out along with fundraising page info. All ticket holders are considered fundraisers in Swell.
How to Resend the Comp Code Email
One Comp Code
Go to your event, click Setup, then Comps to get to all of your comp codes. Use the search bar or scroll through to find the comp code you would like to resend. Click the envelope inline with it to resend the comp code email.
If you would like to resend just the link to someone, you can do that as well. Click the icon next to the code to get to the invitation page. When the page opens, you can copy the link and paste it into your own email.
Many Comp Codes
If you have several comp codes with remaining tickets, you may want to resend several at once.
To do that, go to your event, click Setup, then Comps just like you would if you were creating a comp code or resending one code.
Next, select the code(s) you would like to resend by checking the boxes next to each. Click the Resend selected comps button at the bottom of the screen.
Note: If you have many pages of comp codes, you'll need to repeat this process for each page.