- Need to know what a QR code is? Click here.
- Trying to find and edit your dynamic QR code? Click here. Don't know the difference? Click here.
- Want to skip ahead to setting up your event's QR codes? Click here.
To view, edit, or download your event's QR codes, click into the event you'd like to work. Next, Click the QR Codes button in the left-hand menu.
Here's what the default QR codes look like in your dashboard:
Each of your events has three static QR codes.
- Donation Page: Goes to the same place as your Give Now button. Click here to see an example of this type of page.
- Ticket Purchase Page: Goes to your ticket checkout page. Click here to see an example of this type of page.
- Homepage: Goes to your event's main page. Click here to see an example.
If you're in a hurry, click the cloud icon next to each image to download them and start using them right away. If you have a little more time, there are several customizations you can make. We'll go through those next.
Customize Your QR Codes
Navigating this section: Click the topic headings below to go directly to that section.
Here is a short video outlining this process:
Before you get started customizing, there are two important things you should know:
- Once you've made design modifications, make sure to download them before exiting the QR code screen. There is no way to retrieve a previously created design once you've exited this screen.
- Your QR code will work no matter how it's customized. Although these images look different, they both have the same QR code backbone so they both return the same result.
Changing the Color
To change the color of your dots, begin by clicking on the black rectangle next to "Dots color."
If you have a general color in mind, use the slider until you find a color you like. To do that, use the slider, to move into the general color area you'd like for example (blue-green) and then select the exact color by clicking on it in the larger square.
If you the HSL, RGB, or hex code for your color, you can enter that information to choose your specific color rather than using the slider. Use the toggle on the right to choose between HSL, RGB, and HEX.
For example, our Swell branding guide tells me our branding colors are blue and grey, but more specifically, #44B7E5 (blue) and #999999 (grey). Switching to HEX using the arrows allows me to enter my code.
If I scroll back through using the arrows, I can also see what the HSL and RBG codes would be if I want to do that.
After I've made this customization, I can stop if I like what I see or I can make more changes.
Changing the shape of the dots
The next customization in the QR code settings changes the shape of the dots.
There are several options from which to choose. Here's what the same QR code looks like with each option:
You can stop here or continue editing by adding your logo to the center of the QR code.
Uploading Your Logo
To insert your logo into the center of your QR codes choose a jpg or png file from your computer. File types like .pdf or .doc won't work here.
The Finished Product
Here's what my earlier example would look like if I edited the color, dot shape, and uploaded a logo.
To make it, I changed the color to Swell Grey (#999999), the dots to Classy Rounded, and uploaded my logo. Finally, because I know my changes won't be preserved and I liked this design, I used the cloud icon to download my completed design.
Once it's downloaded, it can be resized to fit into any project.
Remember: It's really important to download your completed design. You won't be able to go back to it once you've left the editing screen.