A virtual ticket is used for virtual events. It gives your guests access to the virtual event you will be live-streaming through YouTube, Twitch, or Facebook Live using the Swell Virtual Module.
Trying to create a ticket for your in-person event instead? Click here.
Here's how to create it:
1. The virtual ticket can be created by clicking on the Setup tab in the left-hand menu when you're logged into your event through your Swell dashboard.
2. Next, select the Products section from the top menu.
3. Click on the to create a virtual ticket.
4. Select Virtual Ticket from the drop-down menu in the pop-up Products Editor.
5. Check the Active box to make it usable. If you don't want your product to be available for purchase through the front side of your site, but you still want it to be available for your use through the back side of your site, put a checkmark in the Hide from public box as well.
6. Complete your product set up by entering the maximum number of virtual tickets available, naming your virtual ticket, and setting its price. NOTE: It's ok to set the price to 0 if you won't be charging for this ticket.
7. Preserve your work by clicking save.
If you chose to make your virtual ticket visible to the public, guests will be able to purchase it on the Ticket checkout page of your Swell event site.
As you can see from the image below a small blue box in the the right-hand corner of the ticket description lets them know this is a virtual ticket so they'll know exactly what they're purchasing.
Interested to learn more about virtual tickets? Click here!