An emcee plays a huge role in enhancing the giving behavior that Swell’s software encourages.
Use this as a jumping off point when planning your script.
Primary Goal: Activate audience participation in two ways:
(1) Compete for prizes on the leaderboard by getting friends to donate
(2) INVITE online networks to join them at the party – their friends can watch the party online and send messages via Facebook or twitter.
(3) Help the guests think differently about this event as it is built to include people who are not attending
- Thanks to you, I want to announce our goal for the night. We want to reach $XX,XXX by tomorrow morning (your sharing tonight will reach into tomorrow!). With that, we can…..
- Thank you (top fundraiser name) and (most social) name for leading the pack.
- And, my friends here at the Richlin Showroom – go now and Ask your friends to match your ticket price! We could instantly double our impact.
- Stacey: Look at that screen. We are at $XX,XXX.
- As a thank you, (restaurant) would like to invite all of you to finish the evening with an appetizer and drink offering that was just sent to you by email.
- “Everyone here has a fundraising page – forward your page to friends on Facebook, by email, or on twitter and get them to donate! Ask them to match the ticket price to help you win. Each person here received the link to your page in an email again this evening. Share it, Tweet It, Email it.”
Want to see more? Download our complete Script now!