If you will be the only one managing your event, you probably don't need to create additional users for your Swell account. However, if others will be helping you, you'll want to set up a username and password for each additional person so they can log in easily. This article covers how to create, manage, and delete users.
Would you rather watch a video than read the article?
How to Add Users
Next, select Browse Users from the menu in the middle.
This is where you'll see all the people from your organization who can access your Swell Dashboard. If you'll be creating and managing your event by yourself, there's no need to create another user. However, if you'll have others helping you, it's a good idea to add them now. Here's how to do that:
- Click the green plus (+) sign on the right-hand side.
- Fill in the information requested in the pop-up.
- Click Save and then Close. You should see your new user on the user management screen.
You can return to this screen at any time to add as many users as you would like.
The next step is creating your event. We'll go through the setup process in another article. For now, let's create an event.
How to Create an Event
From the users screen, click on Events in the left-hand menu. If you prefer, you can also access your events by choosing Browse Events from the center menu immediately after you log in to your Swell Dashboard.
- Click the green plus sign on the next screen.
- The Event Editor Screen will pop-up.
- Decide what you would like to call your event and put it in the Event Name field. You can change your event name at any time.
- Choose where you would like visitors to go when they visit your new Swell event website. You won't be able to change the URL name yourself, but if you absolutely have to change it later, reach out to us through the Help Desk or support email address, and we'll be glad to help you. TIP: It's a good idea to keep this generic in case you would like to clone your event and use it again later. For example, instead of myevent2019, you might choose myevent. That way, your link won't look dated when you use it again in 2020.
- Type your organization's name in the next blank. This name will appear on your event's site as well as on your fundraisers' receipts and emails so you'll want to make sure to type it exactly as it should appear. If you make a mistake, you can easily change this in the Details section of the Setup menu.
- Decide if you would like to show the total amount your event has raised to date and leaderboards for top fundraisers and most social. If you want these to appear on your event site, check the box. Otherwise, leave it blank. If you change your mind about this later, reach out to us through the support email address and we can change it for you.
- Click the Add button and then the Close button.
Congratulations! You've just created your first Swell Event! In the next article, we'll go through how to set everything up.